How Online Orientation Puts Students First
Carla Calderon Johnson, Dean of Student Affairs at Hartnell College, had a vision for her institution’s new student experience. She wanted to put students first by:
- Influencing perceptions of community college as an institution of higher learning, not just an extension of high school
- Communicating the college’s unique characteristics and capabilities
- Appealing to a diverse student population
To write Hartnell’s next chapter of elevating students first, she and her team translated these goals into the college’s new online student orientation. Advantage Design Group’s platform meets both ADA and California state requirements. Functionality include:
- Providing distinct onboarding experiences for unique student groups
- Presenting information in an exciting and engaging way
- Empowering staff with a robust tool set to keep content fresh
- Analyzing student participation in real-time
Hartnell implemented a very successful student-centric approach and launched a much easier and more accessible module than ever before, even from a distance.
Request access to this webinar recording to learn from Carla, a 20-year Higher Education professional, student advocate and self-proclaimed “process nerd.” She’ll discuss the strategies and processes that drove the custom-designed development of the orientation and the differences in student impact it has garnered since launch. You'll preview Hartnell’s online orientation in English AND Spanish and hear answers to chat questions.